Map + Attractions
Called the “Coconut Island”, Koh Samui is situated in the Gulf of Thailand bordering the South China Sea. Once a haven for fishermen, it is Thailand’s third-largest island. Surrounded by landscaped gardens, Le Méridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa is located on Lamai Beach on the island’s east coast. Koh Samui Airport (USM) is only about 20 minutes away by car.
Visit the nearby Lamai Temple, the revered Big Buddha Temple, and magnificent vistas at Chaweng View. See the strange formations at Grandmother and Grandfather Rock and mingle with the locals at the multicultural fishing village Huatanon. Stop to see Koh Samui’s sacred mummified monk at the Kunaram Temple, or engage with nature at Namuang Waterfall Nothen.
Hire a private yacht at the local yacht club and spend the day cruising the crystal clear waters to fish, water ski, Jet Ski, snorkel, and dive. Visit nearby islands and intriguing spots such as Angthong National Marine Park, Koh Tao, and Koh Nang Yuan. Or embark on a sunset cruise aboard a private catamaran while sipping Champagne.
Besides water sports, other engaging options include horseback riding on the beach and participating in a delightful Thai cooking lesson. Golf aficionados can play a round at the sea view-enriched Santiburi Samui Country Club. Thrill seekers can drive an all-terrain vehicle (ATV) through tropical jungles, or take a scenic tour over lush forests on a cable car. Guided elephant treks, mountain bike riding, and hiking are available as well. Koh Samui is also a sanctuary for Yoga and spa lovers. Indulge in some delectable Thai cuisine and other international fare, particularly prominent in Chaweng Beach. This popular evening hotspot is filled with myriad eateries, many of which serve fresh seafood on the beach itself. Chaweng is also home to numerous bars, chic lounges, and discothèques.
Arts & Culture
- Unlock Art Partner: Guan-Yu Koh Samui Shrine 6 km/3.7 miles
- Lamai Temple 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Santiburi Samui Country Club 19.0 km/11.8 miles
- Hin Ta Hin Yai 4.8 km/2.98 miles
- Na Muang Waterfall 18.0 km/11.2 miles
- Hin Lad Waterfall 21.0 km/13.1 miles
- Big Buddha 25.0 km/15.5 miles
- Lamai Beach 0.0 km/0.0 mile
- Lamai Night Market 1.6 km/ 0.9 miles
- Chaweng Beach 6.5 km/4.0 miles
- Chaweng Walking Street 6.5 km/4.0 miles
- Central Festival Samui 6.5 km/4.0 miles
- Fisherman Village 11.4 km/7.0 miles
- Koh Samui International Airport 12.0 km/7.5 miles
- Ferry Terminal 17.0 km/10.6 miles